Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
A lovely tangy fresh salad for either a main or side dish…or snack! I love to have salads on hand for the week, and this is a great one – refrigerates well to last all week for a handy healthy lunch, snack or meal accompaniment. Also offers lots of anti-oxidants and healthy fat to help against inflammation and to boost immunity! I recommend doubling the recipe, you’ll want more!
Prep 15min, serves 6
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 2T fresh mint (1T dried)
- 2 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, minced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 4T olive oil
- juice of 2-3 lemons
- freshly ground pepper
- sumac (powdered sumac can be found where Mediterranean foods are found)
Cook quinoa according to directions and cool (1/3c dry in 2/3c water and cook as you would cook rice). Chop tomatoes, parsley, green onions and mint, add to quinoa. Chop cucumber, place in colander and salt generously, let drain. Add drained, rinsed navy beans then mix all together except salt. Salt to taste and chill.
*serve on romaine lettuce