SHREDDED CARROT SALAD
Whether you’re looking to increase antioxidants, boost your immune system, manage excess estrogen, support your liver in detoxifying your body, this salad is a wonderful choice. Here’s why:
*Carrots: rich in carotenoids loaded with antioxidants, bind excess estrogen and other toxins.
*Olive oil and walnuts: healthy monounsaturated and omega 3 fats for carotenoid absorption.
*Lemon juice: rich in antioxidant vitamin C, which supports digestion, immunity, and infection.
*Ginger: supports digestion and immunity.
Prep: 15 minutes. 4 Servings
• 2 cups shredded carrots (scrubbed, skins on)
• 2 tsp. olive oil
• Juice from ½ lemon
• 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger (or ¼ tsp ginger powder)
• ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
• pinch of salt
• 2 tbsp. chopped walnuts
• ½ tsp raw honey (optional)
• 1 small apple with skin, chopped finely (optional)
Wash and scrub the carrots well. Do not peel it though—there are great nutrients in the peel! Use a food processor to shred, or grate lengthwise with a grater.
2. Add all other ingredients to the grated carrots and mix well.
3. Store in refrigerator up to a week and enjoy the daily health benefits!